INNOVATIVE LAW USERS GROUP
ARTICLE 1: NAME
- The name of the organization is the Innovative Law Users Group (ILUG).
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
- Any law library using the automated library system of Innovative Interfaces, Inc. (III) is eligible to become a member of ILUG.
ARTICLE III: DUES
- A. Members will need to pay an annual amount for dues. This amount can be changed only by a vote of the membership.
- B. Members who have not paid dues by March 1 will be suspended from the membership. They will be immediately reinstated upon payment of dues.
ARTICLE IV: FISCAL YEAR
- The Fiscal Year shall be January 1 - December 31.
ARTICLE V: OFFICERS
- A. The officers of the organization are the Chair, Chair/Elect, and Treasurer.
- B. Nominations for officers are solicited by mail from the members. Ballots are sent out in the May mailing each year.
- C. A Vice Chair/Chair Elect is elected annually by the membership. A Treasurer is elected by the membership to serve a two-year term.
- D. Generally, only members of member libraries are eligible to be officers of ILUG.
- E. New officers assume their duties at the close of the annual meeting.
ARTICLE VI: COMMITTEES
- A. The officers shall establish whatever committees are deemed necessary for the business of the organization.
- B. The Chair shall appoint all committee members.
- C. Generally, only staff members from member libraries are eligible to be committee members of ILUG.
ARTICLE VII: VOTING
- A. The election of officers, changes to the bylaws, and dues increases must be voted upon by mail ballot. For mail ballots, each member library has one vote per issue.
- B. Other issues may be brought up for a vote at the Annual Meeting. For voting done at the Annual Meeting, each person from an ILUG Member Library has one vote per issue.
ARTICLE VIII: MEETINGS
- A. There shall be an annual meeting of ILUG held at the Conference of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL).
- B. The officers of ILUG may choose a representative of ILUG to attend the Annual Meeting of the Innovative Users Group and to report back to ILUG members. ILUG will try to provide the representative with financial assistance for expenses such as transportation, registration and hotel. The ILUG officers shall determine the amount of assistance based upon the financial support given by the representative's institution, as well as the amount of ILUG funds available.
Send comments regarding these bylaws to:
Head of Technical Services
Jenkins Law Library
833 Chestnut East, Suite 1220
Philadelphia, PA 19107-4429
kpiechnik [at] jenkinslaw.org
Comments to: WebMaster, firstname.lastname@example.org.